Wednesday 28 September 2011

You know what's Fucked Up?

Different Habits, Different Transitions
There are varying levels of difficulty when it comes to changing old habits or adding new ones.  I found not playing video games relatively easy.  On the other hand, using my schedule book was at least 5x more difficult.  It takes more skill to manage your time effectively and obviously my skill level is not where I want it to be.

A major part of growing comes down to:  self-awareness, self-discipline, planning, and preparation.   I know this because the moments I strayed from my goals, I can track it back to forgoing one of these.

Does it suck to know I didn't always accomplish my goal?  Yes.  To tell you the truth it feels terrible, even worse to admit on here.  lol.

[Side Note:  You know what's Fucked Up?
Being 30 and realizing you don't have your shit together.
Sometimes I wonder, how did I ever accomplish anything in the past?

When I did, it was probably more the result of blind ambition.
A runaway car with no driver, zigzagging off the starting line, bursting to the finish.
No direction.  Just a lot of gas to burn.

As a kid, school was the only source of structured time for me.
Period. Period. Study Hall. Lunch.  Period.  Period.
I was the kid who started 15 page papers the night before they were due.
I'd "study" for a test the period before.

I remember, actually, being terrified of graduating college because
life would no longer be "structured."

Fucked up is
B
eing 30 and realizing you're having to learn:
self-awareness, self-discipline, planning, and preparation.

Skills you haven't mastered.]

New habits I will keep managing:
-No video games.  My interested in video games has wilted to zero.
-Exercising.  I will continue exercising at least once a day.  Might even post a video.
-Blogging.  1 post a week is still a can do.

New challenges to pursue next month:
1.  Expand on using my schedule book to plan my week and month.  Will also keep track of how long it takes me to do various tasks throughout the day.  (I don't think I've ever done this in my life lol.  I know I have to keep practicing.  This is the foundation of developing all other good habits.)
2.  No deep fried foods (Throwin' in an easy goal so I can feel good about myself lol)
3.  Save personal leisure time for weekends (internet surfing, watching MMA fights, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment